Friday, July 15, 2011

I Give It All To You Again



The pain that's felt
By one who means
Much more to me than living
The strongest heart
That I have seen
Known by endless giving

The knowledge that
No less than I
The one who brought the pain
The forgiveness
Freely given
Though tears fall more than rain

The love that's pure
Only defined
By that which is unearthly
This life of mine
And all I am
Seems sullied and unworthy

And yet he loves
And yet he gives
His promise of true love
And humbled, I
Can only cry
At this sign from above

A vow I give
And I hold true
To the words I now write
With all of me
Mind, body, soul
My heart is yours tonight

And not tonight
As if upon
The dawn this love will sever
Tonight and yet
Tomorrow, beyond
And on into forever

Through times of pain
And times alone
This love will yet remain
Though hurt and fears
And scourge of time
Seek to cover and stain

I feel your love
I've seen the ways
You've shown it countless times
A heart complete
By what we share
And why my life now rhymes

I love the life
You've helped me live
Knowing a deeper reason
For all I see
And all I know
Of fleeting, earthly seasons

A priceless gift
A lasting love
Is more than I could ask
You freely give
Expecting naught
For just one thing you ask

Just for my heart
Just for my love
Always these things have been
Fully your own
Yet now I give
It all to you again

No comments:

Post a Comment